The South West River Basin Management Plan is about the pressures facing the water environment in this river basin district, and the actions that will address them.
It has been prepared in consultation with a wide range of organisations and individuals and is the first of a series of six-year planning cycles.
The South West River Basin Management Plan, annexes and supporting information, can be downloaded here. Please note, as some of these documents are large files they may take a while to open. Therefore, when you click on a document, instead of selecting 'Open' please click on 'Save'. This will then save the document to your desktop and you will be able to open it from there.
- River Basin Management Plan: South West River Basin District (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Guide to the annexes (PDF, 165KB)
- Annex A: Current state of waters (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Annex B: Water body status objectives (PDF, 9.8MB)
- Annex C: Actions to deliver objectives (PDF, 632KB)
- Annex D: Protected area objectives (PDF, 5.4MB)
- Annex E: Actions appraisal and justifying objectives (PDF, 3.1MB)
- Annex F: Mechanisms for action (PDF, 976KB)
- Annex G: Pressures and risks (PDF, 4MB)
- Annex H: Adapting to climate change (PDF, 749KB)
- Annex I: Designating artificial and heavily modified water bodies (PDF, 808KB)
- Annex J: Aligning other key processes to river basin management (PDF, 702KB)
- Annex K: Economic analysis of water use (PDF, 381KB)
- Annex L: Record of consultation and engagement (PDF, 386KB)
- Annex M: Competent authorities (PDF, 355KB)
- Annex N: Glossary (PDF, 549KB)
Surface water bodies - The following spreadsheet shows the classification status and environmental objectives, for surface water bodies across England and Wales, that have been published in the River Basin Management Plans in Annexes A and B:
Groundwater bodies - The following spreadsheet shows the classification status and environmental objectives, for groundwater bodies across England and Wales, that have been published in the River Basin Management Plans in Annexes A and B:
Tables of actions (the programmes of measures) - The following spreadsheet shows the tables of actions (the programmes of measures) for each sector in the River Basin Management Plans. Actions are the on-the-ground activities that will be implemented to manage the pressures on the water environment and achieve the objectives of the plans: